Monday, May 30, 2011

on your mark... get set... terrible!

Yes kids. I feel like Casey the terrible right about now. None of this barefoot schmarefoot stuff. All my grand plans have fizzled to a sour spot in the back of my gullet. Gugh.

There was no super cool Tongariro alpine adventure through volcanoes due to mother nature deciding to send a mega storm our way. Guttered. There were about 8 of us all geared up for that hike and the weather had been amazing weeks leading into it but the night before it was meant to be our turn it all turned to pot. We did do a miniature non-alpine non-volcanic walk though to the Whirinaki Falls instead finished off with a loverly hot swim at the Waikete Hot pools.




Pretty awesome day I reckon but definitely not as awesome as the original plan would have been... And due to the weather I never got to take my Luna's out for a good run either. Oh well. One day we shall conquer the Tongariro Crossing. Maybe in the summertime.

Another fail on my behalf is the Wellington half marathon. I really shouldn't have any excuses for not training enough but school and work and life really just put any kind of routine I had right out. I can't really afford the entry fee anyway at the moment and I think that just subconsciously has snuffed out all motivation. Plus winter is coming and exams and blah, blah, BLAH. I'm just a useless tit. After exams though and when I start working again I am going to get back into a routine OR ELSE! I hate feeling so out of whack.

I am still loving my Luna's though. I wear them whenever I can although it is getting pretty cold out now so I am going to need to invest in some toe socks for sure.

No comments: