Tuesday, April 12, 2011

They haveth arrived!

Today was a great day in the land of Barefoot Case. My Luna sandals are here! On my feet even.

The Original Luna
I practically skipped from my postbox to my apartment with anticipation. And they didn't disappoint. No sir. They are much more better than I had imagined. To be honest, I had been putting off buying a pair because to me they just looked like a pair of sandals I could buy from the shoe store up the road. But they're not! They are nothing like anything I have put on my feet before. I decided the best way to explain them would be to show you so I made a vlog and uploaded it to YouTube.


Quite possibly one of the scariest things ever. Do you know how weird it is to look into the eye of a camera lens and 'talk' to it. Wasn't too comfortable but we managed. The video came out all right in the end, I think. It at least got across the main points and I even show how to traditionally tie the laces so it has one redeeming feature. I hope I don't come off like a goofball and put people off wanting to try these things. Because really, if you are even slightly interested in barefoot and/or minimalist running, then you gotta put a pair of these babies under you soles. You won't regret it, I promise you.

Today was day 2 of the 1/2 Marathon training plan I am doing (day 1 was a rest day which was a weird start but if this is what the pro says I need to be doing then rest away I will). I was so tempted to take the Luna's out for their first ride but listened to my head and went out in my FF Sprints. It was dark when I went out and didn't want to risk running in unfamiliar footwear on a ground I could hardly see. Bad things would have happened, I know it. It was a good run though. I had to jog for 25 minutes, but ended up going for 30 because I had mapped out a 5km loop along the waterfront which wasn't going to happen in 25 minutes.

I am taking things slowly because due to a few big moves of late (countries and cities) I haven't been running regularly and my fitness is at an all time low. I was actually pleasantly suprised at how good I felt running tonight. I was expecting to have to take it real slow and I'd prepared myself for the nausea that generally follows an unfit person exercising. But no sick and no stopping. Happy bunny!

No comments: