Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Original Luna

Yesterday I finally ordered my first pair of Huarache sandals. It is something I have wanted to do since reading Born to Run by Christopher McDougall. Meeting Barefoot Ted last week definitely inspired me to finally get a pair.

Rene, Barefoot Ted & Me
I try to be barefoot most of the time but there are always going to be situations where being barefoot is just not going to work. I have had a pair of Fivefinger Sprints for 18 months and love them... but they too, in their Ferrari red sleekness, don't suit some occasions. What I like about the idea of the Huaraches is that they should be the missing link and will be the choice when going to the more formal, less casual events.

I went with The Original Luna model from Luna Sandals. For my first pair (of many, I hope) I thought it would be best to start with the basic, classic Huaraches. Then I can get a real feel for them before I decide what other features I might prefer.

Tarahumara Huaraches
I am so excited for them to arrive. Being in New Zealand means I might have to wait a bit longer but I'm betting it will be worth it. When I get them I will be sure to do a review pre/post run.

No comments: